We are always on the look-out for talented individuals interested in joining our group. Openings within the group generally fall into the following categories:
- Visiting Faculty – We currently have a limited amount of funding available to support visits to the Quantum Theory and Information group for approximately one month by individuals holding a tenured or tenure track appointment at another institution.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellows – From time to time we have openings for postdoctoral fellows of varying levels of experience. These openings will be advertised in the announcements section of this site. However, even if no position has been advertised, we are always interested to hear from outstanding individuals interested in joining the group. We also welcome applications from individuals who have either already have secured personal fellowships, or who wish to apply for fellowships (such as the SUTD-MIT postdoctoral fellowships) to be held within the group.
- PhD Students – We have a number of scholarships available for students wishing to undertake doctoral research within the Quantum Theory and Information group. The scholarships are based in Singapore University of Technology and Design. These scholarships are extremely competitive, and cover both fees and a stipend of S$3000 per month. Prospective students can apply directly through the SUTD online application form, however you are also encouraged to contact us directly to discuss possible projects. Prospective students should have a strong background in physics, mathematics or theoretical computer science.
- Summer Interns – We occasionally take on students for short internships (2-3 months), who work on research projects in the group under the supervision of experienced researchers. Summer interns are usually students in their latter years of undergraduate study, particularly those interested in pursuing a doctorate after completion of their studies. A summer internship is often a good way to gain some research experience and experience life in a research environment before committing to a doctorate. As with prospective PhD applicants, interns should have a strong background in either physics, mathematics or theoretical computer science.
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities for SUTD students – We have a number of openings for undergraduate students already studying at SUTD to conduct research within the group. At present two positions are available focusing on developing Matlab programs to simulate certain quantum dynamics. We are extremely interested in hearing from interested individuals with experience in programming and linear algebra. Funding is available to pay a stipend for these positions of up to S$4000 per year.
We do not usually take on research assistants or masters students. Outstanding individuals interested in any of the above positions are encouraged to contact Joe Fitzsimons with a curriculum vitae. Unfortunately, due to the large number of application we receive, it is likely that only short listed candidates will be contacted.